Man Made Diamond technology is constantly evolving and MiaDonna® has always been at the forefront with our eco-friendly and conflict free diamond selection. In the past year we have seen some exciting advancements, most specifically the ability to grow white diamonds over 1.0ct. Now, this year we are excited to announce that one of our growers has recently received a diamond back from AGS that was graded as a 1.07ct, G color, with an Internally Flawless clarity. As an industry leader who offers the best Man Made Diamond technology we could not be more thrilled, as we believe this is the largest, inclusion free Man Made Diamond ever created!
Shown here is the beautiful G color, IF clarity Radiant cut Man Made Diamond. Please contact one of our fantastic Customer Service Specialist via phone or email for information on purchasing this diamond loose or in the MiaDonna® Mounting of your choice.
* photo courtesy of JCK online.
The reason this is such an exciting achievement is because growing a white diamond requires an incredibly controlled environment. The heat and pressure must remain consistent through the entire growing process. Any fluctuation or change within the growth cell can cause the diamond itself to stop growing or can create heavy inclusions in the new growth making it unusable.
If you love the idea of a Man Made Diamond in your Engagement Ring or Wedding Ring Set, MiaDonna® has a large selection of Man Made Diamonds in many colors, shapes and sizes. You can purchase any of our Man Made Diamonds loose or we can easily set into the eco-friendly MiaDonna® setting or custom designed ring of your dreams.
on Thursday, March 21, 2013
As another season of the The Bachelor, television’s ultimate reality love show, comes to a close, we are left with another stunning engagement ring to be inspired by. The gorgeous Neil Lane sparkler features many of this season’s hottest engagement ring trends; showing off a cushion cut diamond in a cushion shaped halo with a pave’ diamond encrusted split-shank setting.
If you saw this design and decided you MUST have one, we are here to help! One of our fantastic Custom Design Specialists would love to help create a custom version of this design, just for you. We can custom make this stunner featuring a 2.0ct Cushion cut Diamond Hybrid® center stone, approx. 1.14ctw natural recycled diamonds, eco-friendly 14K White Gold for $4,510.00. You can get all the beauty and details of the Neil Lane design for a fraction of the cost and without all the conflict.
If you love the look of this stunning design, but don’t want to custom make a ring, check out our Kenya Engagement Ring, starting at $2,145.00. This beautiful MiaDonna® design is available with your choice of MiaDonna Diamond Hybrid®, Man Made Diamond or Lab Created Gem center stone in many different shapes.
on Thursday, March 14, 2013
During the winter holidays love is in the air, making it one of the most popular times of the year for proposing marriage to that special someone. We recently received this spectacular customer testimonial from one of those newly engaged couples and we just had to share.
on Thursday, March 7, 2013
Man Made Diamonds
Sometimes also described as Synthetic Diamonds, Cultured Diamonds, Lab Created Diamonds or Lab Grown Diamonds these diamonds are real diamonds that are both, optically, physically, atomically and chemically identical to a natural diamond. These diamonds are grown in a lab environment that replicates the earth’s natural growing process. Man made diamonds are identical to earth mined diamonds and are solid, pure carbon diamonds. MiaDonna® Man Made Diamonds will absolutely test positive on any jeweler’s diamond tester and all come with either EGLUSA, IGI or GIA certified grading reports.
Man Made Diamonds are currently being grown in a variety of sizes and colors in multiple labs around the world. The growth process and the color of diamond being grown are the two major factors that contribute to the availability of these lab created diamonds. Man Made Diamonds typically range from 10% to 25% the cost of their natural diamond equivalents. Buyer Beware: Man Made diamonds are not offered by anyone for only a few hundred dollars per carat. MiaDonna® Man Made diamonds are a 100% eco-friendly, humane product. Be assured that every product purchased from MiaDonna® will help in rebuilding diamond mining families and communities in Africa through our foundation The Greener Diamond. Our Man Made Diamonds are grown using two different techniques that both produce pure carbon diamonds. High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD).
Man Made Diamond Color and Clarity
A pure carbon diamond with no impurities will grade as a colorless diamond. However, the majority of both natural diamonds and lab grown diamonds do contain impurities, most of which are nitrogen. The nitrogen atoms within the diamond lattice are what give diamonds their yellow tint and even pure yellow color as in the case of fancy colored diamonds. Nearly all diamonds, again both natural and lab grown, start out as yellow diamonds. Over the span of millions of years natural diamonds, through pressure and heat, split the nitrogen atoms within the diamond’s lattice rendering the nitrogen atoms ability to produce yellow light. The splitting of the nitrogen atoms is what gives the diamond its ability to shine white.
Both natural and Grown Yellow Diamonds get their color from nitrogen. While diamonds are made up of carbon (C), impurities within the stone exist. It is the introduction of these impurities, in this case nitrogen, that will ultimately give the diamond its yellow color. As a diamond grows nitrogen atoms will sometimes replace a carbon atom within the diamond’s lattice structure. Once light enters the diamond the nitrogen will reflect back yellow light. By controlling the amount of nitrogen during the diamond’s growing process the color of the finished diamond can be selected. The more nitrogen in a diamond the yellower it will be. Too much nitrogen and the diamond will start to appear brown. “Getters” are used during the growing process to capture excess nitrogen within the growth cell. By using getters we can grow yellow diamonds with the most desirable gem quality colors.
Unlike White, Blue and Yellow Man Made Diamonds, which get their color during the growing process, pink diamonds get their color from a post growth treatment process referred to as irradiation and annealing. Certain lighter yellow diamonds are most commonly used to create pinks. By showering the diamond with electrons and neutrons (irradiation) we can alter the diamond’s crystal lattice structure and create a new colored center. The second step, annealing, is a process where the stone is heated to help smooth out the alterations created from the irradiation and helps achieve the diamond’s finished color.
Both natural and Grown Blue Diamonds get their color from boron. While diamonds are made up of carbon (C), impurities within the stone exist. It is the introduction of these impurities, in this case boron, that will ultimately give the diamond its blue color. As a diamond grows controlled amounts of boron are introduced into the growth cell, which then become trapped in the diamond’s lattice structure. Controlling the amount of boron in the growth cell allows the finished color to be controlled as well. Once light enters the diamond the boron will reflect back blue light.
Man Made Diamond Clarity
Because of the saturation of color in Yellow, Blue and Pink Diamonds they will show less inclusions than a White / colorless diamond. However, all diamonds, white and Fancy colored are graded using the same Internationally recognized nomenclature shown in this clarity referencing chart.
You can find the ring of your dreams and you can find the ring of your dreams produced ethically, eco-friendly and offered at a fraction of the cost you’d expect to pay elsewhere. Every Engagement Ring and Wedding Ring set offered at MiaDonna.com comes with the option to have your choice of Man Made Diamond, Diamond Hybrid® or Lab Created Gemstone set as your center stone. Every ring is fully customizable and if you cant find the ring you are looking for, let us create Custom designed ring for you.
on Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Win this MiaDonna® 14K Gold Pendant Necklace this Valentine’s Day!
Are you feeling Lucky? Good, then you’re in the right place! We are giving away this 14k gold pendant necklace for Valentine’s Day. Simply comment on this post and you are entered to Win. Yes, all you need to do is comment on this post and you are entered to win this 1.25 carat, Hearts and Arrows cut, Round Brilliant Diamond Hybrid® Basket Pendant with matching 14K eco-friendly white gold 18″ rope chain.
Winner will be chosen February 11th, 2013 and will be contacted via the email address used to enter. Winner must respond no later than February 12th, 2013 to guarantee item shipped in time for Valentine’s Day delivery. This 1.25ct, 14k gold MiaDonna® Pendant is valued at $609.00. Please see the Giveaway entry rules further details. Thank you for supporting MiaDonna® and we wish you the best of luck and a very Happy Valentine’s Day!!
MiaDonna® official Giveaway Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter online by commenting on this blog post in our comments section or on our giveaway post on FaceBook. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on February 10TH, 2012. Only one entry per person or email address.
2. This Giveaway is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. as well as all our international friends who can receive packages from Fed Ex, 18 years of age and older, Giveaway not valid to any MiaDonna® or Greener Diamond personnel. Entrants are responsible for all duties, shipping fee’s and taxes.
3. One winner will be selected at random by MiaDonna® from all eligible entrants on or about February 11th, 2013. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by email on or about February 11th, 2013. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
4. Enter to win a 1.25ct Round cut Diamond Hybrid® Pendant Necklace as described above. Changes in actually product shipped to customer may occur due to availability of styles, stones and unforeseen circumstances. MiaDonna® is not responsible or obligated in any way to guarantee the exact product be delivered to the winner. In the event that the exact product described is not available, a comparable product will be chosen by MiaDonna®.
5. No transfers, substitutions in prizes or cash will be allowed. Winner is responsible for paying shipping. Payment for shipping must be completed same day as notification to guarantee shipment dates.
6. The winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification email, including a written statement in your response releasing liability to publicity, and respond within 3 days of the date on the prize notification email; otherwise prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. By entering and/or by accepting a prize, you agree to be bound by these rules and to release Sponsor from any and all liability arising out of your participation in this Giveaway with respect to the awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize.
7. Liability for any applicable taxes (domestic or international) will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service. All expenses not specifically provided for by Sponsor in these rules are the sole responsibility of the winner including but not limited to shipping.
8. Entries that are lost, late, illegible or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Giveaway or disqualify any entry in the event of technical impairment by computer virus or otherwise. In the event of early termination, Sponsor will randomly select winners from all eligible entries received at time of termination. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. This Giveaway is subject to federal, state and local laws with venue in Washington County in the State of Oregon. By entering, you agree to be bound by these rules and you give your express permission to be contacted by Sponsors by e-mail and/or mail.
on Monday, February 4, 2013
Are you going to propose on Valentine’s Day? Here’s what NOT to do.
It’s easy to get caught up in the moment as Valentine’s day quickly approaches. But before you get carried away, make sure you are using your head a little more than your heart when it comes to proposing to the love of your life on the day of love. Here are some ways to avoid popping the question. You’ll thank us for this later.
1. Do NOT put the ring in her drink or food
It may seem like a cute idea, and you may even think you can point it out to her before she takes a big bite or gulp and literally consume your precious diamond ring. But don’t trust your reflexes. There have been girls who have either swallowed or broken teeth on diamond rings they didn’t realize were in their food. Nothing is romantic about having to get your stomach pumped (or WORSE) on the day you ask her to be your wife. Just see how it turned out for this couple. He hid it in her Wendy’s Frosty. Bad move.
2. Don’t Propose to HIM in an Extreme Way
It’s one thing to be confident enough to propose to your man rather than waiting for him to take the plunge. But it’s another thing entirely to do it in a CRAZY, flashy way that could embarrass him in a large setting. According to an article in The Guardian, a woman planned her proposal on Valentine’s Day and it went HORRIBLY wrong. She stripped down to her lingerie and hid inside of a big, hallow cake that was wheeled out to the middle of a full restaurant. She popped out with tons of confetti and proposed to her man right then and there. His response? He got up without saying a word and left. Talk about an awkward moment when you have to be wheeled out of the restaurant, in your underwear, standing in a cake… ouch.
3. Don’t Be Unsure About Her Answer
If you’re not sure whether or not your lady love will say “YES!” to a proposal at this moment in time, proposing on Valentine’s Day may not be the best option for you. It’s possible to feel out a potential partner’s feelings on marriage (and especially marriage to you) without giving away the details of when or how a proposal will go down. If you propose without an inkling of whether or not she wants to spend her life with you, you may be in for a very disappoint holiday. Plus, she may feel like the proposal is more forced than organic and that you’re just doing it because it’s Valentine’s Day. Make sure you take the necessary steps before proposing on Valentine’s Day so the moment will be enjoyed by both of you. Article by Nikki @ engagement101.com
on Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Bye Bye Tangerine Tango, Emerald Green is taking over for 2013; and it looks like emerald gemstones are going to follow the 2013 color trend right into your engagement ring.
You know what else is HOT? Actress Halle Berry… Maybe Halle Berry knew what was hot before 2013 but her personal engagement ring holds an emerald gemstone center stone. Do you like Halle’s Wedding Ring? Contact us and we will custom design you your very own!
Don’t expect this color to only be seen moving into engagement rings. We are seeing emerald green popping up in the fashion industry as well. The color is being incorporated into both accenting and full pieces. Many of the big celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Heidi Klum, Reese Witherspoon and Jessica Biel are sporting the Emerald Green color as the do their appearances and spend the night out on the town.
Even beyond the luxury and fashion industries Emerald Green will be moving into all sorts of markets like home furnishings and decor, paint color and even make up.
What about weddings? I mean we’re incorporating Emerald Green into the engagement rings right? Oh yeah, You’ll find Emerald Green making its way into the wedding itself as well.
Maybe we’re biased but if you really want to pop it off this year a pair of emerald green studs would catch the eye of every fashion connoisseur and jewelry lover alike; not to mention set off any outfit with 2013’s hottest color. We also offer the option to have any Engagement Ring or Wedding Ring offered at MiaDonna.com to be set with your choice of Gemstone, Diamond Hybrid® or Man Made Diamond. So if you’re feeling this emerald green in 2013 and are ready to get some new bling we have many of the newest styles to choose from and can always just create the custom ring of your dreams if you can’t find exactly what you are looking for.
on Tuesday, January 22, 2013