Our team of custom design specialists have been busy collaborating with our amazing customers this engagement season to create gorgeous, one-of-a-kind conflict-free custom engagement rings and fine bridal jewelry.
From simple solitaires to heart-melting halo’s, there is something truly beautiful about an engagement ring designed just for you. Here’s 6 unique custom designed engagement rings we’re loving right now:
This Rose Gold Halo Engagement Ring was custom made to accent the 2.0ct Asscher Cut center stone, with gorgeous floral details in the gallery beneath the center stone.
Natural recycled diamonds run up the sides of this custom twisted band engagement ring to frame the Round Cut center stone in a 4 prong setting style.
A double cushion shaped halo is set with a Round Cut center stone on this ring, with natural recycled diamonds running halfway around a split double shank.
Fit for a princess, this custom Halo Engagement Ring was designed with petite features in mind – a thin pavé set natural recycled diamond band, with diamonds surrounding the 2.0ct Princess Cut center stone.
Choosing a Lab Created Alexandrite Gemstone for the center stone in this custom double halo engagement ring, with natural recycled diamonds going three-quarters down the knife edge shank, created a one-of-a-kind design.
Custom make a men’s wedding band for a truly unique look – this ring combined two MiaDonna styles, the plain metal Storm Wedding Band and the solitaire style Alex Wedding Band, completed with a 0.50ct Lab-Created Diamond center stone.
If you’d like further details on any of the custom engagement rings featured within this post, please contact us via email or phone and we’d be more than happy to assist. Alternatively, click here to get your complimentary custom design quote.
on Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Choosing an Oval Cut as the center stone for your engagement ring can add elegant sophistication to any design. We have been excited to see the amount of variation in engagement ring styles that customers are choosing to set their Oval in – vintage, modern, three stone, you name it! There are a three factors that we believe are contributing to the current surge in popularity of oval cut engagement rings:
- Price – An Oval will maximize surface area on the finger, so you can base your stone choice on measurements of the stone rather than the carat weight, allowing you to get a larger stone for a lower cost.
- Elongation – women can use an Oval Cut center stone to create a longer more slender appearance if they have small hands or shorter fingers, no matter what style of engagement ring they choose.
- Unique – the most popular cut of diamond is a Round cut, known for its fire and brilliance. Because the Oval is a modified brilliant cut it is the perfect choice for someone who loves the brilliance of the Round Cut but wants something more unique.
Here are some great examples of different ring styles you can select to compliment your beautiful Oval Cut center stone.
Allure Wedding Set with a 2.5ct Diamond Hybrid®.
The twisted band on the engagement ring is a perfect compliment to an Oval Cut center stone – adding the wedding band helps balance the size of the center stone with the delicate style of the set.
Amore Engagement Ring with a 1.85ct Diamond Hybrid.
Featuring an antique style milgrain band, the old-fashioned elegance of the Oval Cut center stone completes this design.
Bliss Engagement Ring with a 1.25ct Oval Cut Diamond Hybrid®.
Want to make your Oval really pop? Choose a ring like the Bliss which uses a halo of diamonds to encircle and accentuate the center stone.
Three Stone Ring with a 3.01ct Oval Cut LCD.
Because of the elongated shape of the Oval, it can be hard to find complimentary shapes to pair with it on a three stone ring design. We recommend going with Half Moon shape side stones, just like this customer did with their custom three stone ring design.
Tracie & Traditional Solitaire Engagement Rings – 0.75ct Oval Cut Diamond Hybrid®
A solitaire engagement ring uses simple beauty to show off the center stone. Whether you choose Rose, Yellow, or White gold, all colors complement the Oval!
What’re you waiting for? Check out our selection of conflict-free engagement rings and loose stones to start building your own perfect Oval Cut engagement ring today!
on Monday, September 26, 2016
Give back on your wedding day with one of these amazing and socially responsible companies – now you can have your dream wedding and make a difference too.
While your love story begins with two hearts becoming one, most choose to represent this momentous occasion with a beautiful engagement ring or wedding set. MiaDonna is committed to providing socially conscious consumers with ethical engagement rings that are handcrafted in the United States from the highest quality recycled precious metals and set with the most beautiful conflict-free diamonds available. And, on top of that….a portion of every sale goes into programs that help give back to diamond mining communities that have been negatively impacted by the traditional diamond industry and they plant a tree for every order shipped.
Let your love be part of the solution – visit MiaDonna.com to learn more.
You can easily give back on your wedding day with this amazing company who are all about sustainable practices. They make stunning save the dates, wedding invitations, thank you cards, even bridal shower invites – all while fulfilling their pledge of not cutting down any new trees and exclusively using 100% post-consumer recycled paper or alternative non-tree fibers. In addition, each customer has an opportunity to dedicate a tree with every purchase, beyond cool, right? Basically, Paper Culture… Believes in designing for a world of trees because they fear for a world without them. Well said!
What could be more beautiful than an exquisitely handmade wedding dress? How about a handmade wedding dress that also gives back and helps women around the world!
- Celia Grace is a proud member of the Fair Trade Federation.
- Celia Grace fabrics are handmade, natural fibers or small-batch textiles to reduce our environmental footprint – sourcing handmade silk woven on traditional wooden looms whenever possible.
- Celia Grace believes that the woman who makes the wedding dress is as important as the woman who wears it.
Heartful.ly is a wedding registry for charitable giving that has taken the guesswork out of giving back on your wedding day. All you have to do is….
- Create and personalize your Heartful.ly registry – Personalize your registry with photos, a message to your guests, and a custom URL.
- Select a project – Browse vetted charitable projects and select your favorite one. Each project is connected to a custom gift list with items like bricks and cement.
- Share your registry
It’s that easy to give back on your wedding day with Heartful.ly! You can track donations in real-time in your registry dashboard. After your wedding, you and your guests will receive an email update showing how your generosity has made a real impact.
For more ideas, ways to give back and amazing causes to support on your wedding day, check out our friends over at Black Sheep Bride.
on Tuesday, September 6, 2016
It is true – man made diamonds are everything. And we can back this statement because there are far too many reasons not to choose man made diamonds over mined diamonds these days. Such as….
- Man made diamonds have less environment impact – 7 times less to be exact
- They are more beautiful and pure – Type IIa
- They are even more affordable – up to 40% less
The Best Man Made Diamonds….
are what we do.
When MiaDonna CEO, Anna-Mieke, started looking for alternatives to mined diamonds almost a decade ago, to simply replace her own diamond ring, she would have never guessed that nearly 10 years later she would be able to offer socially conscious consumers with the best man made diamonds we have ever seen. Our Elite Collection of diamonds showcases stones that are D to F in color and IF to VVS2 in clarity – these stunning man made diamonds truly are everything we’ve ever dreamed of and we know as the technology advances our ability to showcase the best of the best man made diamonds will only grow exponentially.
You may also have interest in:
on Thursday, August 25, 2016
Lab-grown diamonds are an easy choice for today’s socially conscious diamonds consumers who are looking for an ethical diamond that is also affordable.
Who doesn’t want to wear a diamond they feel good about.
7 Lab-Grown Diamond Fun Facts
1. A Lab-grown diamond is also knowns as lab-created diamonds, man-made diamonds, grown diamonds and our least favorite, lol – synthetic diamonds.
2. Those of us who love our lab-grown diamonds strongly dislike the word ‘synthetic’ and do not feel like it accurately describes the diamonds we are selling. Most people think synthetic describes something that is an “imitation” or “artificial,” which our diamonds a clearly not. Our friends over at Chatham say it best If you heard “synthetic diamond” would you think of a high-tech laboratory-grown diamond that costs thousands of dollars a carat or would you think of a cheap imitation?
3. Lab-grown diamond technology has taken more than 120 years to perfect. While many attempts were made between the late 1800s and 1900 to create diamond it wasn’t until the early 2000s that diamond labs we’re able to consistently grow gem-quality stones.
4. The first gem quality grown-diamonds were mostly colored stones, including yellow, orange, blue and pink. It wasn’t until in 2010 when we started to grow small colorless diamonds, in sizes under 0.80ct.
5. Today, with major scientific advancements, colorless lab-grown diamonds are being consistently produced in gem quality, can be grown in as little as 2 weeks and are available in sizes reaching as large as 10.02 carats.
6. Most lab-grown diamonds are classified as Type IIa, which is the purest form of diamond known to man. Type IIa diamonds lack impurities such as nitrogen and make up approximately 1–2% of all mined diamonds.
7. Lab-grown diamonds are priced based on the 4C’s – cut, clarity, color and carat size. Colorless lab-grown diamonds are, on average, priced 30% to 40% less than an equivalent earth-mined diamond, whereas fancy colored diamonds are priced at roughly 75% to 90% less than an equivalent fancy colored earth-mined diamond.
You may also have interest in:
on Friday, August 19, 2016
We take MiaDonna reviews very seriously because we truly love what we do. Honestly – there is nothing more exciting than creating jewelry for people who are so incredibly in love that they are choosing to commit to each other until death do they part. I mean, come on, that is huuuuge and we get to be a part of it!
Since we are lucky enough to have many happy ethical brides (and grooms), rocking our jewelry and leaving us heartfelt MiaDonna reviews, we have chosen a few that got us in the feels and we wanted to share them with you.
MiaDonna Reviews – #allthefeels
To see even more reviews, visit our website.
You may also have interest in:
on Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Diamond Wedding Bands are the added sparkle most women desire when dreaming of their wedding set. What makes them so fantastic is the variety of styles available – whether you love micro pavé, channel set or prefer a vintage inspired design the selection of diamond wedding bands is endless.
We paired our Bianca Diamond Wedding Band, which is a beautiful 7 stone (0.05ct each – 0.35ctw) prong set design with three different engagement rings to show you how versatile a classic diamond wedding band can be. We have also seen it paired with our Traditional, Tory, Lucy, Tracie – the list goes on – you really can’t go wrong with a classic diamond wedding band like this.
You may also have interest in:
on Wednesday, August 3, 2016